Hi everyone! I realise if you're reading this you will most likely be my family and friends (and therefore obliged to) but just in case......I am a volunteer for VSO and this is a blog about my experiences of life in Nigeria, first I was briefly in Calabar and now I'm in Abuja the capital city. You may also find some random references to uses I find for the tools on my Swiss army knife as well as my reflections on my everyday life as a VSO volunteer, just go with it.




Monday 12 September 2011

Finally!

Ever since I started my new placement they have been promising to take me on a site visit to see the work they do in the local communities and I haven’t wanted to push it and be rude but I’ve been here 4 weeks now and we still haven’t been anywhere. Tomorrow and Wednesday I will get to see what it’s all about, finally! It’s fine to read about an organisation or be told about the work they do but I don’t think you can really get a proper understanding until you go and see for yourself the projects in action and actually meet the people that have benefited.
I’m really excited about it and we are actually going to do some work and not just take me for a nosy into these people’s lives. A new proposal has just landed which we’re busy working on at the moment and tomorrow is a fact finding mission to get some stats and generally scope things out so I know what I’m chatting about because I’m winging it at the moment.  I will take some photographs (with their permission) and report back tomorrow on my visit and again on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment