Hi everyone! I realise if you're reading this you will most likely be my family and friends (and therefore obliged to) but just in case......I am a volunteer for VSO and this is a blog about my experiences of life in Nigeria, first I was briefly in Calabar and now I'm in Abuja the capital city. You may also find some random references to uses I find for the tools on my Swiss army knife as well as my reflections on my everyday life as a VSO volunteer, just go with it.




Thursday 10 November 2011

A small filler

OK so this is a very quick interim type post to say that I’ve been away for a few days up north to Dutse in Jigawa state for the Sallah celebrations and that I’m going to write a proper post about that very soon but it will take me a while because so much happened. I just wanted to say that I had an amazing time, experienced many new things and can’t wait to go back.
Also before I left last week I went back out on the road to Gasaki and Cheta and took some photos of the things I mentioned in a previous post of the people on bikes and the like which you will find below, alas my efforts to capture the glory of the children’s plaything layby were a bit ropey at high speed…
Ocadas carry people and goods

A rare sight to see a helmet!


The smiles disappear when the camera comes out but they are always so keen to be snapped

Work in progress at the school to rebuild the classrooms

The headmaster's office


A very blurry section of plaything layby

The swingset section not very popular today

A special market for the Sallah

No comments:

Post a Comment