Hi everyone! I realise if you're reading this you will most likely be my family and friends (and therefore obliged to) but just in case......I am a volunteer for VSO and this is a blog about my experiences of life in Nigeria, first I was briefly in Calabar and now I'm in Abuja the capital city. You may also find some random references to uses I find for the tools on my Swiss army knife as well as my reflections on my everyday life as a VSO volunteer, just go with it.




Saturday 27 August 2011

Friday

We are advised by VSO not to discuss political issues on our blogs so I’m not going to go into any detail about the recent bombing in Abuja. I did just want to thank everyone who got in touch to see if I was ok, my thoughts are with the families of those who were at the UN building on Friday and were not so fortunate.
I will say that despite Friday’s terrible actions I do feel safe here in Abuja and that the Programme Office do a good job of keeping us informed of any issues and contacting us when they need to. My phone rang within minutes of the bombing to inform me what had happened and check I was ok. If it was deemed unsafe for us to be here we would either be moved elsewhere or sent home, just to rest those parental fears!

No comments:

Post a Comment