Hi everyone! I realise if you're reading this you will most likely be my family and friends (and therefore obliged to) but just in case......I am a volunteer for VSO and this is a blog about my experiences of life in Nigeria, first I was briefly in Calabar and now I'm in Abuja the capital city. You may also find some random references to uses I find for the tools on my Swiss army knife as well as my reflections on my everyday life as a VSO volunteer, just go with it.




Tuesday 25 October 2011

A good day

Today was a good day, I’d love to tell you of some huge breakthrough at work but the goodness was all thanks to the arrival of four parcels and a postcard. I now suspect that post stacks up the VSO PO Box until someone sends a parcel that has to be signed for as all of us in the flat received post today and the first of my parcels was sent back in August and the last only a couple of weeks ago! So whilst my mum has been worrying about her parcel going astray for weeks it’s been sat in the post office in Abuja. However it was very exciting and I mean VERY exciting to come home to find my post waiting for me, one of my housemates had dropped off my four parcels (and a postcard) on her lunch break. In fact when I got her text to tell me what was waiting at home I actually squealed, it’s amazing how the simplest things can bring such joy!

Four parcels and a postcard


The joy inside!

No comments:

Post a Comment