Hi everyone! I realise if you're reading this you will most likely be my family and friends (and therefore obliged to) but just in case......I am a volunteer for VSO and this is a blog about my experiences of life in Nigeria, first I was briefly in Calabar and now I'm in Abuja the capital city. You may also find some random references to uses I find for the tools on my Swiss army knife as well as my reflections on my everyday life as a VSO volunteer, just go with it.




Saturday 15 October 2011

Introducing Squirt

So we have a new addition in the VSO flat here in Maitama and he is small, fluffy, has four legs and goes by the name of Squirt. He is a very cute and rabid (but not literally according to the vet) kitten rescued by my flatmate Sam. He’d been abandoned after his mum died and was sort of possibly but not really being looked after by a bloke who sits near the man selling eggs over the road who was only too happy to have him taken away. Anyway long story short we now have VSO pet and don’t panic those of you who are wondering what will become of the little dude at the end of placement time Sam is going to take him home with her as the quarantine rules have changed in recent times so this is now not so difficult do. So below I present a series of pictures of our new ward, he is at this very moment trying to chew through my laptop wire!

No comments:

Post a Comment